According to Nikon, it the Professional Choice of Compact Camera. Let’s find out shall we???
The idea behind this camera is to combine the performance of a DSLR with the portability of a compact camera. The key features include:
- 16.2 megapixel DX-format CMOS image sensor
- EXPEED 2 image processing engine
- Nikkor fixed wide-angle 18.5mm f/2.8 lens
- High ISO ranging from 100-6400
- Manual and Auto focus
- Wifi compatible
- RAW data processing
- Actve D-lighting
- Picture Control – Standard, Neutral, Vivid, Monochrome, Portrait, Landscape and Custom
- Mode dial with manual exposure modes – P, S, A and M
- Continupus shooting at 4fps
I can’t help but feel that this camera is very similar to the Sony RX1.
I was initially sceptical about this camera when the hubby decided to buy this. He raved about all the features and I said I was very happy with my DSLR. He bought it anyway and am happy to say that I was wrong. It has full HD capability and what sold it for me was that I was in total control and not the other way round. It’s main feature for me is the DSLR sized sensor which makes a definite change in the images. Images as well as video is crisp clear no noise on site. But most of it’s great capability in Low Light.
Slightly heavier than normal compact cameras which something I like. It reassures me that I am holding a toy.
Great weekend everybody xxx